The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I recently moved my Betta out of his 1.5 gallon and into the 20 gallon community tank and he's getting along well. Problem is, he seems to be eating/playing with the ghost shrimp I have in there. I was wanting to get some more colorful kinds of shrimp, but I'm scared to put them with the Betta. Would it be possible to have a small community of shrimp in a 1.5 gallon with a small plant or 2 and maybe a thin tower type decoration in the center of the tank(to serve as a sort of shrimp condo)? If so, which kind of shrimp(brighter than ghost shrimp) would be best for this sort of setup?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Yes it's possible.

You can try some red cherry shrimp (RCS) and rainbow shrimp. There's also tiger shrimp and snowball shrimp. Crystal red shrimp (CRS) would be nice also, but they're somewhat expensive. Bee shrimp are also a little pricey.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Unfortunately shrimp aren't compatible with tower decorations. I'd recommend removing it. :tongue:

jk, epic's suggestions are right on.

gabeszone has a friend in Japan with tons of shrimp in a 1.5g. I have about 70 CRS (most babies) in a 3g. It's just all about keeping the water quality good.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Unfortunately shrimp aren't compatible with tower decorations. I'd recommend removing it. :tongue:

jk, epic's suggestions are right on.
I agree Solstice!

As for the tower... I have huge clumps of willow moss in my 55g hanging down like breeding mops in my 55g and the shrimp LOVE it. Maybe you could try something in your tank.

OR move the betta to your 1.5g and add more shrimp to the 20g:icon_twis

-Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts