The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out of freshwater for awhile but thanks to two of my friends now they got me back into it. One of them gave me a colony of snowball shrimps and the other sold me a really cheap ada tank. It's an ADA 60F with the measurement of 24"x12"x7". He told me it looks like a Tray hence the names of this tank. This tank will be my shrimps experiment tank. I love shrimps. I love to keep them and I love to eat them as well. I will put every shrimp species in there and see what kind of strains and mutation I will get from it. So far I have some snowball so I will be looking for more shrimps. Here are the specs:

Tank: ADA 60P (24"x12"x7") approx 8.6 gallon
Lighting: Trying to go with 4x24 T5 but for now I have 1x24watts T5 over it.
Filtration: Eheim liberty 150
Soil: ADA soil
Plants: Anubias Nana, Nana petite, bolbitus, Taiwan moss
Foreground: Still deciding on it. Maybe some downois or e. belem or just leave it.

Shrimps: snowball for now but will add others (let me know if you have other shrimps for sale--shrimps donation are gladly welcome.)

Fish: NO FISH ALLOW Smile

Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think.

Initial setup with the hardscape

Top view:

Initial planting of the plants:

top view of the planted plants:

Water is filled but very murky:

Getting clearer and planting some plants:

More clearer:

Here are some pictures of the tenants (aka--snowball shrimps):

The ADA soil was given to me by a friend and it was his used soil. He kept the soil outside and guess what I found? Some hitchhiker plants:

He has no idea what kind of plant it is. I will update the post as more pictures are available. Thanks for looking.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
I have found that often I have some melt with plants going into new Aqua Soil. Delicate plants in particular.

Do you have the same concern? I am worried about the Downoi.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found that often I have some melt with plants going into new Aqua Soil. Delicate plants in particular.

Do you have the same concern? I am worried about the Downoi.
I experienced that as well. Usually with the sensitive plants but then they grow right back. With ADA soil I usually do not plant anything in the soil until 2 days later. I found that to be very successful for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.