The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is your flash an remote one that you have above the tank? I have heard that is the key to aquatic photography
I have the flash mounted on the camera itself. I could of course have it about the tank but I don't want to experiment in that yet. The flash is expensive. It just came out the other day and I was lucky to get it on the first shipment to my local photo store.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Ryan, I'm assuming you used a tripod? I have a Canon Pro1 that I'm more or less happy with. it has a lot of shutter lag, but takes great stills/landscapes. So far all the pictures I've posted were taken w/o a tripod, so I know thery're not gonna be real clear. I just can't seem to get set up fast enough to get a picture of the little critters before the ymove.

Tommy

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ryan, I'm assuming you used a tripod? I have a Canon Pro1 that I'm more or less happy with. it has a lot of shutter lag, but takes great stills/landscapes. So far all the pictures I've posted were taken w/o a tripod, so I know thery're not gonna be real clear. I just can't seem to get set up fast enough to get a picture of the little critters before the ymove.

Tommy
I dont use a tripod that much, but when I do the pictures are a lot better than when I hold the camera. Also, when I used a tripod I have a remote switch so I only have to touch the camera to focus, then let go and just push the remote button. Picture 4 (the pregnant green shrimp) was the only one I used the tripod with. I try to use the tripod as much as possible but sometimes it is just a pain in the a$$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.