The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning and replanting my tank yesterday and noticed a white worm about 1cm long and fine like hair.. as I tried to grab it it went straight for the substrate....

I got it and squashed it, its a long shot but any ideas what it might be as if there is 1 there is more...

Anything specific that would effect CRS as I had 2 die is as many weeks ??

. .. water is perfect btw except being warm.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ok..

Ph 6 , kh0, tds 150, 24c, gh 2, no3 0. The crs were full adults of unknown age so maybe its just bad luck. Ill look for photos of your suggestion

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Google images seems to match with that. I always dip any plants so unfortunately it didnt kill them. Guess unless I break everything down im stuck with them ??

·
Registered
233 Posts
I treated a tank for hydra, and the detritus worms (which I had not seen before this) came out of the substrate. Have not seen them since, so I am not sure if they are still there. I used No Planaria and as soon as I dosed they came out...and hopefully died.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a look this morning and saw 2 worms but alsonlots of white dots moving about...! They are everywhere.

I even found a snail!

I used a permanganate dip as I normally do and never had issues before.

I made a video but the youtube processing renders it worthless.

I'll put a dropbox link if anyone wants to see.. its about 200mb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/be7sed6mtcuzh7k/20140415_094031.mp4

here is the link, goes out of focus a bit near the end

oohhh its actually video

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.