The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came on this forum because I've come by a user called "MSG"? who had little white worms on his shrimp, and I wanted to know how to treat your shrimp with a salt bath. One has the little worms and another has vorticella. And I was also wondering if it would be ok to leave the shrimp in a small container until I get the salt. The container would be a black cup with one cup of water in it.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Use aquarium salt (not salt for salt/marine tanks) and start with 1 tsp of salt per cup of tank water. Usually a bath of 3-5 seconds is enough. If they don't fall off, up the amount of salt a little bit. Shrimp ought to be okay for a bit in some water as long as they are safe in said cup.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use aquarium salt (not salt for salt/marine tanks) and start with 1 tsp of salt per cup of tank water. Usually, a bath of 3-5 seconds is enough. If they don't fall off, up the amount of salt a little bit. Shrimp ought to be okay for a bit in some water as long as they are safe in said cup.
Tyty would they be fine getting treated in a cup of water?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.