The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have guppies (4), 3 yoyos, 4 pandas, 1 SAE, 2 ottos, 1 dwarf gourami and some platy's. There's c02 infusion so a ph of 6.8. A long time ago I considered getting shrimp and only recall that I was afraid someone would snack on them. Can't see who in the bunch noted above. So fairly safe?

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
It depends...what types of shrimp do you have in mind? Filter feeders, ghost shrimp and amano shrimp should be good, but smaller algae eating shrimp like cherries and such may look tempting to the gourami depending on their size and the fish's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cherry shrimp and the dwarf gourami is a bit aggressive, but usually only towards the platy's not the bottom dwellers.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Jen I would be carefull with most of the dwarf shrimp with the fish listed.. It may work with lots of cover.

BUT, why not try some of the bigger shrimp? Some that come to mind are Ghost shrimp (can be iffy) and The larger Filter feeding shrimp!

I've also heard that the natural colored Cherry variety aka wild form does well hiding compared to their red relatives. So maybe give them a try? I think Mr.Thomas has some available(sorry if i messed the name up, its something similar to that I've never been great with other peoples names:mad: )

-Andrew

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much thanks. Will avoid and look into ghost shrimp as suggested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.