The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Post more information please. We need a better idea of your water parameters and any recent changes you might have done.

Did you do a large water change? Was the water conditioned? Did you dose any medication or fertilizers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post more information please. We need a better idea of your water parameters and any recent changes you might have done.

Did you do a large water change? Was the water conditioned? Did you dose any medication or fertilizers?
All the parameters are stable..
I do weekly water change of 25%...
No recent changes.. but I tried to catch my siamese algae Eater which was eating my shrimp lets and moved them to separate tank.. tis was done some 4 days back...
Weekly I giv tropica plant fertilizer...
It's been 3 months since I introduced shrimp in my tank.. so far all good.. got alot of new babies and they also grown..
All of a sudden this happened..
Other shrimps seems to be fine except this one.
So I'm confused.. this Is not a adult it was one of baby shrimp which was growing..

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ive had some of my shrimp do this if they are having an issue molting.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Failed molts usually occur when there is an imbalance of minerals and there tend to be cracks in the shell where the shrimp failed to break through.

It could be a failed molt, it could be a lingering parasite, or a viral infection that took a month to show symptoms.

It's very hard to diagnose without an abundance of information.

But if it was just one... maybe It has bad luck with genetics and just died randomly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, they are very tiny creatures, and it is tough to understand what might be killing them. Maybe old age as shrimps ages faster in hot water than cooler ones. Maybe other fish harassed them. Maybe a parasite or a genetic defect. This is why they are prolific breeders; they multiplied in numbers to compensate for how they easily perished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.