The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you guys getting any weird ideas, I'm talking about fish sperm! My wife and I were eating some smelt tonight and for some reason she won't eat fish sperm, but she'll eat fish eggs. So at the end of dinner she had a bunch of sperm sacs on her plate, and I was already chock full of it, so I put some in my big fish tank and the fish gobbled it right up, so I dropped a few pieces in one of my crystal shrimp tanks and they went bonkers!

If only they knew what it was!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've taken a lot flak for it over the years, but I love fried salmon milt. Don't knock it till you've tried it! I should see what my shrimp think of it, thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love milt and roe, people who think it's gross have some insecurities.

The shrimp, however, have no such qualms with it, they love it just as much as me! Maybe it's an aphrodisiac!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am not surprised. Your shrimp would eat fish meat, raw or cooked, as well as any other meat (not salted or marinated). Scavenging crustacean eat everything nutritious like pigs. I saw my amano shrimps eating everything. I fed fly eggs to my fish and saw how amanos grabbed big bunches and ate them, hiding from fish in caves and under roots.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On a tangent, the last time i killed roosters (I helped a friend cull her backyard flock), I fried up some of their balls out of curiosity. Very creamy, smooth texture and a mild flavor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts