The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some tiger shrimp or maybe CRS, I am using regular tap water from the faucet: so no RO and no additives (except SAFE).

I already have a good colony of cherries that are reproducing quite well but would like to add some shrimp that will reproduce but are larger in size.

So is anybody having success keeping and breeding any of the larger shrimps in similar conditions. I just have red flint gravel in my tank so no buffering occurring there.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I was there but I didn't sell anything. If we find we can keep shrimp maybe we can do a group order?

·
Registered
150 Posts
What is the PH and GH of Chicago water? Joliet water is like liquid rock and I have to use RO for crystals. I tried keeping them in tap and never had any luck with breeding. Then Joliet would add something to the water and I would have a big die off. How big is your tank? RO water is pretty cheap at Jewel in the machines that fill up the 5 gallon water cooler jugs.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
total of 100 gallons, not that cheap anymore, plus lugging 50 gallons up two flights of stairs every week...well not an option.

what about tigers? or any of the larger shrimps Neos can just be so small!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Tigers are out for me, water is just too hard around here! I'll stick with neos!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
user yhk on this site says he breeds OEBT and crystals in tap water, he's from chicago I believe. I sent him a PM so maybe Tigers are back on the menu !

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just to clarify, I never say I breed my CRS in tap water. I tried but they won't breed. For OEBT, yes, I keep and breed them in 100% tap water, not a single drop of RO. My tap water TDS ranges from 300 - 360 ppm.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.