The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Yeah Im new to this forum
I have a nice planted tank with aust. native rainbows, some peppermint BN (yeah they take the occasional nibble) and a few tetra types. What Im really concerned about is SHRIMP SHRIMP SHRIMP. I have caught native shrimp in central NSW and kept them successfully with small cichlids, but am looking for a little more now. Are there any amano or crystal red shrimp in aus. Are there any others here?
please help
cheers
trymypride

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi all, Yeah Im new to this forum
I have a nice planted tank with aust. native rainbows, some peppermint BN (yeah they take the occasional nibble) and a few tetra types. What Im really concerned about is SHRIMP SHRIMP SHRIMP. I have caught native shrimp in central NSW and kept them successfully with small cichlids, but am looking for a little more now. Are there any amano or crystal red shrimp in aus. Are there any others here?
please help
cheers
trymypride
Hi trymypride.

Apparently CRS are now available in Aust and a few lfs now sell them. I'm not too sure if they were brought in illegally as no one will answer my questions.

Dave from aquagreen (www.aquagreen.com.au) has acouple of native shrimp for sale. (I think he may be out at the moment, but has 100's of small ones which should be for sale in a month or two). You might want to get incontact with him.

While your at it checkout www.aquariumlife.com.au for the aussie way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey shake, thanks for the info
im based in syd, and despite asking around have not managed to find any of the CRS but will definatly keep looking around. It would be impossible to keep them out of aus LOL - with all the mad fishos here
Have u had any luck with either species of shrimp from here?
thanks again
trymypride

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey shake, thanks for the info
im based in syd, and despite asking around have not managed to find any of the CRS but will definatly keep looking around. It would be impossible to keep them out of aus LOL - with all the mad fishos here
Have u had any luck with either species of shrimp from here?
thanks again
trymypride
Hi trymypride.

I have only the natives from Aquagreen.
Caridina gracilirostris & Caridina longistrostris and a few glass shrimp I bought. Dave has a new one that will be on the market shortly. Caridina serratirostris (ninja shrimp) which will be great.

I wont buy CRS yet because they are too expensive. between $20-$50 depending on size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.