The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i am new to this forum and i wanted a educated opinion on something. I have a 25 gallon tank, with one angel fish, 3 rummy nose, 3 neon tetra, 3 black widow tetra, 3 glowlight tetra and a few bottom dwellers. I am thinking of adding shrimp to the tank. What shrimp should i go for? Would cherry shrimp be safe with my angel fish? Or are amano a better option?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on how large the angelfish is, and what type of bottom dwellers you have. I wouldn't do cherries, but amano or larger shrimp might work well.
the angel fish is about two and half inches so far, ive had her for about 5 months. As for bottom dwellers i have one cynadonis catfish, one yo yo loach, one siamese shark and a bristlenose. All the fish are well fed, ill probably up their feeding if i add shrimp to make sure they arent hungry and desperate

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
what about amanos? i know when u buy them they usually arent fully grown so they will probably be at danger size aye?
Angel fish can tear apart a shrimp of just about any size, it just depends on when the mood strikes them to go after them. Frequently when they are young they won't bother but that's not a guarantee, and eventually they will get big enough to do it. Honestly its not worth it in my opinion to just throw them away especially since you are planning to move that angel anyway.

Also plinkploop mentioned there was a shark and catfish in this tank? Cause.... if that's the case... yeah... no.

·
Premium Member
4 aquariums, all planted.
60 Posts
What are your bottom dwellers? I am about your future shrimplets, even some Tetras will eat shrimplets. Angels are a non-starter with all but the biggest shrimp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Angel fish can tear apart a shrimp of just about any size, it just depends on when the mood strikes them to go after them. Frequently when they are young they won't bother but that's not a guarantee, and eventually they will get big enough to do it. Honestly its not worth it in my opinion to just throw them away especially since you are planning to move that angel anyway.

Also plinkploop mentioned there was a shark and catfish in this tank? Cause.... if that's the case... yeah... no.
ok yeah good point, thanks for the advice :)

Would you consider a separate tank for the shrimp?
i have another tank which i am working on setting up again, its a 50L tank that i am thinking of turning into a shrimp tank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.