The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

I purchased some Japanico (sp?) shrimps earlier. When i got home, I noticed one of them is very different! I'll do my best to describe it.

its dark in coloring, almost blue-ish. Big as the japanicos, and has a orangy/white stripe going down its back and whiteish-orange tip on its tail.

i'd like to know if its safe before I open the bag to release them into the tank. I don't want to find out its unsafe and I'd have trouble catching it

·
Registered
48 Posts
That shrimp looks similar to an unidentified shrimp you see in shipments from India. I've gotten them with my Indian Zebra and Indian White Banded orders. The shrimp I've got are various colors ranging from tan to the darker color of your shrimp. Nice find. Do they have more that you could get to try and establish a colony of them?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish they did. I told them I wanted all of their japanico shrimp. they only had 3 and this mystery one that they thought was a japanico.

they also had lots of beautiful bumblee shrimp. bright orange ones too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.