The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up these Shrimp. I was told they were Crystals. I think the first one might be a Red Wine and the other maybe a Golden. But I'm not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
The white one is a white CRS or Golden.

The one that you took more photos of is a bumble bee shrimp type II or IV I think.. Can't remember the exact number Silane over at Shrimpnow.com was breeding some superbees and stuff. Interesting shrimp nice find!

How much did you pay, how many did you get etc etc etc?

-Andrew

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got each for $2.75 plus some other just reg. CRS. Should I selectively breed the White one? if so what would be best to get more of the white?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Those prices are super cheap. Personally I'd go back and buy them all.

Breeding the white ones whiter is what a lot of people have done in the past. To each their own goal though.

-Andrew

·
Banned
2,470 Posts
breeding the white one with normals will lead to a better pattern short term, but a few generations down the line they will have really splotchy and terrible looking white.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just FYI

The black and white shrimp is not a "Black Diamond" Black Diamond is another name for a Bee Shrimp (the black and white version of the CRS). The shrimp pictured is a Bumble Bee!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they are from a private party. He is out of the Country at the moment. When he gets back I will be getting as many as I can from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts