The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
First pic: male red cherry shrimp.
second pic: female red cherry shrimp.
now go back to the stream and get more of them:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That's red cherry shrimp! I wish I could just go to a local stream and get some!

How did you managed to catch them in the stream?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's red cherry shrimp! I wish I could just go to a local stream and get some!

How did you managed to catch them in the stream?

lol... its as easy as sticking your net in and scooping them out... LFS here sell them as "feeder" shrimp...

didnt realize they were the infamous CRS!

These guys are pretty hardy as they survived in a 35mm film case for 7+hours!!! (dont ask)

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
lol... its as easy as sticking your net in and scooping them out... LFS here sell them as "feeder" shrimp...

didnt realize they were the infamous CRS!

These guys are pretty hardy as they survived in a 35mm film case for 7+hours!!! (dont ask)
Not CRS but RCS two completely different kinds of shrimp.

CRS- Crystal Red Shrimp - Not what you have

RCS- Red Cherry Shrimp - What you have

·
Registered
607 Posts
Well thats neat you were able to find some in a local stream, but also kinda concerning at the same time...

·
Registered
7,228 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Red Cherry Shrimp are all over the islands. It is sad! And the Red Shrimp that is native to Hawaii lives in very saline pools, and they are quite differant looking.

Enjoy your find!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! Too bad they're a nusiance animal there being able to pull them from a stream is like pulling the local crayfish here. We've got a breeding colony of Red Cherry Shrimp in with our smallest tetra tank (30 gal). Lately though we've noticed a decline in population (too big for the tetras to be eating tho) and will be moving them to a dedicated shrimp tank soon. Not sure what caused the decline and we're keeping an eye out for new births. We already have one tank each dedicated to Yellow Dwarf and Blue Pearl Dwarf shrimp. LOL...had to laugh, I have the Shrimp Farm bookmarked!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts