The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what kind of shrimp are these? I am thinking Indian Whiteband Shrimp? How much are they worth, do they breed in freshwater, and are they neocaridinas/what do they interbreed with. They are being advertised as amano shrimp, but I know that they are not. Note: Not my pictures.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
352 Posts
looks like amanos. normally when there's a light substrate and lack of hiding space. they lose their colorings. i've seen those at my lfs and they look almost transparent like a ghost shrimp until i brought them back to my tank.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Can you find pictures where a female has eggs? If they're reasonably big then the chances of successfully breeding them are good. I'd go for them if that was the case.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you find pictures where a female has eggs? If they're reasonably big then the chances of successfully breeding them are good. I'd go for them if that was the case.
These are the only pictures I can find, but if you look closely, I think that the one at the bottom right of the first picture is berried...

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WC = Water Change / Wild Caught
In this context, it means Wild Caught. :)
LOL I knew about the water change part, but it obviously didn't make sense in this context :) thanks for clearing that up. But any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're either a type of ghost shrimp (most likely), or amanos. You can see in their body shape that they're a planktonic breeder (humped back). If they're not amanos or ghosts, they're some other coastal river breeder, there's got to be hundreds of kinds, but yeah, they look like wild caught ghosts or amanos.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.