The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have some shrimp.. a lot of shrimp really.. So many that I need to sell some. I'm just not sure what I should list them as. They're dark yellow/orange and a good number have a yellow stripe down their back.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most Neocaridina - regardless of color - develop a stripe down their back as they age. It's not unique to coloration.

So I'd just call them orange.
Thanks. I do see quite a lot of younger shrimp with stripes as well, they're less than half the size of the adults. Perhaps that's not so important in any case. I'll go with orange as you suggested with the pictures it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone what they're getting.

·
Super Moderator
15,769 Posts
Thanks. I do see quite a lot of younger shrimp with stripes as well, they're less than half the size of the adults. Perhaps that's not so important in any case. I'll go with orange as you suggested with the pictures it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone what they're getting.
Sometimes the stripe will even turn into more of a full silverback-like situation with really old Neos. It can produce a really gorgeous effect in Yellows and Oranges.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sometimes the stripe will even turn into more of a full silverback-like situation with really old Neos. It can produce a really gorgeous effect in Yellows and Oranges.
I have some dark, solid brown neos that have a copper colored stripe down the back. It's very striking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts