The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again guys. I was at my lfs yesterday when I came across Zoo meds aquatic shrimp crab & lobster food. Zoo med has always been a reliable company for reptile owners. I myself have 3 bearded dragons. So I went ahead and bought it. But as soon as I got home I rememberd to check the ingrediants. And to my dismay, it has copper sulfate. I've heard copper is VERY toxic to shrimp, but I also heard that some people feed foods with copper in it to their shrimp. With no ill results. Does anyone have any experience with this type of food? I'm getting the shrimp on Tuesday, and I definately don't want a tank full of dead shrimp the day after feeding them this. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if I would use it or not.

I stick with the Morusa foods and Ken's Veggie Sticks with calcium.

Steve

·
Registered
987 Posts
How could you feed your shrimp something with copper and it not get into the water??? It seems to me that feeding this over time would raise the copper levels in the tank even with water changes. But, hey, honestly I don't know. I currently do not use any foods that contain copper sulfate.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
the hikari shrimp food has copper in it also. it is acceptable in very small doses because shrimps blood is copper based. IMO it would be safe to use that food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts