The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Hey everyone! Just a heads-up. In the last week or so that this image has been 'live' it blew up all over the facebooks. I have received a strong positive response overall and several people have emailed me about mistakes, which is good because it means I can try to fix them. To the surprise of nobody it turns out I made a ton of errors on this chart! I will be making revisions as soon as I am able and the new chart will have a gogillion* more shrimp on it.

I just wanted you guys to know! I see some people using it as reference material and that's awesome and amazing, but until the new chart is up (and maybe even after that, hur hur) please post it with the knowledge that parts of it are wrong. It looks like the crystals and tigers are mostly okay, if lacking a few shrimp, but the Taiwan bees need to be totally overhauled.

Thanks everyone!

*maybe ten

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So elaborate on the errors or what changes were recommended
Patience, friend.

Hey! I thought I should share this picture compilation I made some time ago... It has shrimp pics and their common names, families, genus... It occurred to me that it could be helpful for your imaging. Thanks for your work!
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195462
Thanks! I have actually been using this post to help me get started with the neos. It's been really helpful!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks for your patience, everyone. I've been working on this thing slowly over the last couple of months. I've been communicating back and forth with a handful of highly knowledgeable shrimp enthusiasts around the world in a nearly endless cycle of making revisions and getting corrected and I'm finally ready to call it good.

One thing I've learned while doing this project is that there are a lot of aspects of this shrimp's genealogy that are poorly understood and there is a ton of conflicting information. I had to make a lot of compromises and judgement calls and I don't think I can make everyone completely happy. That said, I am still very grateful for any kind of feedback or critiques.

Feel free to post this anywhere you like. All I ask is that you don't edit my URL out.

(slightly) larger version here

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm just now getting into the shrimp hobby, but thank you so much for your effort. I never knew there could be so many color genes which leads to my question... Are there other color morphs/color genes besides these? Colors that haven't been bred yet?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I'm just now getting into the shrimp hobby, but thank you so much for your effort. I never knew there could be so many color genes which leads to my question... Are there other color morphs/color genes besides these? Colors that haven't been bred yet?
These are the most established ones so far but people are breeding new shrimp every day. The variations and variety of tibees alone are endless! I'm certain that someone will come up with new strains of C. cantonensis but I selfishly hope it doesn't happen for a while because I need a break from editing this chart, hahaha.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
This is awesome! My only questions are: blue jellies and green hulks.. They don't get CRS patterns, per say, do they?
They do indeed!

Hmmm, I heard that the Green Hulks were a special case of BKK.
Apparently Hulks and Jellies are what you get if you have a BKK with weak pigmentation.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.