The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Plant community Vertebrate Green Rectangle

A posted a pic of my tank since I've planted everything the way I like it, and then added root tabs (00 size domicile plus gell caps) it's low tech. I use excell for carbon and add randomly a general fert. Anyways, my questions are:

1 - I want shrimp. Just simple shrimp like rcs and amano. Will they be okay with osmocote plus? I added just today 2 bamboo shrimp, but they are scavenging around eating food when I fed the fish (mollies) is this cause I just got them and they are starving? The fish store just got them in yesterday aswel the tank is a year old and has good flow for filter feeding.

2 - I've read stories in my research that amanos eat plants but then read they don't any input on this?

3 - I know I'm gonna get a big lecture on fertilizing but all is going Well and I'm too dumb for all the fancy fert regimes, but my hygro has a potassium deficiency , the fert I use has some but can I add just potassium to help, like flourish potassium?

Thanks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Root tabs will be fine with shrimp as well as potassium. If you over do it on excel it could kill shrimp but that's like quadruple the amount the directions on the bottle say.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.