The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
If there is a place to crawl out; they'll eventually find it. I keep water levels low enough and trim any emersed plants. As for one disappearing in your tank -it was likely eaten. Not a lot of mass to a shrimp and snails, other shrimp, and certainly most fish can clean up remains in short order.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I once had an Australian red claw crayfish climb out of the tank, across the sheepskin rug, out through the sliding glass door, to throw itself off the balcony.. And still manage to crawl about 10 feet to where I found the body by the sidewalk.
The semi-humorous part of that was I was on my way to work so had to leave it.. then that afternoon the landscapers came through and trimmed bushes in the complex, and body was gone when I got back. I often wonder what those landscapers thought when they found a 10 inch multicolored lobster in the wilds of new jersey.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I once had an Australian red claw crayfish climb out of the tank, across the sheepskin rug, out through the sliding glass door, to throw itself off the balcony.. And still manage to crawl about 10 feet to where I found the body by the sidewalk.
The semi-humorous part of that was I was on my way to work so had to leave it.. then that afternoon the landscapers came through and trimmed bushes in the complex, and body was gone when I got back. I often wonder what those landscapers thought when they found a 10 inch multicolored lobster in the wilds of new jersey.
What a funny picture you have on your profile jajaja. Do you do that to the cat when the cat does not behave?? jaja Be nice now!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one Amano and he some how hop to a new tank I set up and survived. The tanks were like 6 inches apart and to this day he still alive, I think he's about 2 year old by now. To this day I still haven't a clue how he hop tank...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.