The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I used to keep apple snails and fed them on reptomin. Latley I spotted a juvi in my cichlid tank(god knows how he ended up there)anyhoo until I can get him to my girlfriend (shes got loads) I had been keeping him in my shrimp tank.I dropped in a repto for him when he was at the top corner but he seems to prefer my riccia :mad: so he left it.I just went to take it out and theres cherry and rainbow shrimps eating it.I'm torn as I want to take it out just in case but its the first food I have seen my new problematic cherry shrimps actively eating.Heres the ingredients can you let me know if its safe to let them eat it.

Ingredients:
Fish meal, wheat starch, corn flour, torula dried yeast, shrimp meal, dried potato products, cracklings, wheat gluten, dehulled soybean meal, calcium carbonate, soybean oil, fish oil, algae meal, monobasic calcium phosphate, sorbitol, lecithin, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate(vitamin c), artifical color, ethoxyquin as a preservative.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would be interested in this as well as I always have Reptomin as that is what I feed my RES :) It would be great if the RCS could eat some too :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Shrimp are opportunistic detrivores and the high protein formula foods we give them are MUCH better than most things they would find in the wild.

As long as it does not have significant amounts of copper in it, most any food you offer is appropriate for shrimp.

In short, if they will eat it, it is good for them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't see copper sulfate as an ingredient so i'm sure they'll be fine with it.

All I have to do is stick my finger in my tank and my RCS, Amano's will come flying over to my finger, picking it for algae, haha.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't see copper sulfate as an ingredient so i'm sure they'll be fine with it.

All I have to do is stick my finger in my tank and my RCS, Amano's will come flying over to my finger, picking it for algae, haha.
lol That must be awesome :D Thanks for the info YuccaPatrol I will add that to the diet. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts