1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey! i have the same issue aswell!! i have no idea whats been going on? i think officially all my shrimp have died. i had yellow shrimp... i have guppies that gave birth to a bunch of fry and they are doing just fine! so strange...

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
hey! i have the same issue aswell!! i have no idea whats been going on? i think officially all my shrimp have died. i had yellow shrimp... i have guppies that gave birth to a bunch of fry and they are doing just fine! so strange...

Yellow shrimp I have found have a tendency to die for no reason. I can keep high grade CRS, CBS alive but never had much luck with yellow neos. Not sure why either.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I bred red x 3 yellows I had left. I ended up with wilds, yellows and reds. Culled teh reds and wilds and did so for generations. Then worked on intensity of yellow. Took years, but they are incredibly hardy.

It is also how I came up with the theory that the same color of shrimp (Ie. red) resides on different loci since others have tried this same cross and wound up with only wilds.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I bred red x 3 yellows I had left. I ended up with wilds, yellows and reds. Culled teh reds and wilds and did so for generations. Then worked on intensity of yellow. Took years, but they are incredibly hardy.

It is also how I came up with the theory that the same color of shrimp (Ie. red) resides on different loci since others have tried this same cross and wound up with only wilds.
I threw the 4 yellows I had in with cherries so maybe I'll have the same results. Gave up on them so going to try this.

-Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.