The Planted Tank Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am culling some shrimp. These are brown shrimp that turned cherryish pink color. Size is 1/2 inch. Bag will hold as many as I see when I cull. I know I have at least 10-15 . I am also culling some cherry shrimp that have turned wild color brown/clear. I know I have 15-20 of those. Anyone interested in offering a trade?

·
Registered
487 Posts
To bad the only thing I could trade is cherry shrimp. The only thing I have is a mother sowrd [10"+], anubias frazier cutting and patch of java fern. None of which your probrably interested in. Good Luck :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
What are you looking to trade for? I have an Extra Penguin 350 filter laying around. :D

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh sorry I should post what I am looking for. I need co2 and lighting equipment. Cash works too,however I will take a trade first.

Cjyhc4 you have pm

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm going to say what needs to be said, and drop it after that. I think others deserve to hear this.

Positive things first. The shrimp DID eventually arrive, and they were healthy. TW maintained contact throughout most of the transaction. He sent a bonus portion of Süßwassertang.

Now, I had some problems with this transaction. First, I paid him $45 for some vague number of shrimp. The same night he offers me a *rare* plant that's brand new, just been collected by his biologist buddy, for $20. I was skeptical, but thought through it and in the name of science I handed over the $20. I thought, "I've spent $20 in worse ways before", assuming that it would meet his description, just in a very small quantity.

He tells me that he'll ship on Monday or Tuesday. This gets bumped back to Saturday the 13th. Ok, he's busy during the week, but he guarantees that they'll be here Monday. So, Monday I meet the mailman, no shrimp, no surprise. Tuesday, same thing, a little surprise. Wednesday, ok, this is getting really frustrating. PM him. He says that if they're not there on Friday, he'll resend Sat. He also offers me a partial refund since he doesn't have enough red shrimp culls to send. I accept. No refund. The package arrived Monday the 23rd with a poorly tied breather bag and some mighty uncomfortable shrimp sandwiched between the two sides of the bag in just a little water. I got them settled in and acclimated. All was well. I got 16 of them.

Now the super-awesome *rare*, brand spakin' new plant was actually Wolffiella gladiata. A little simple research confirms that its not rare, or new, or desirable really. It grows faster than duckweed. Yes, a little more attractive, but could still get mighty annoying. It's actually classified as a noxious weed in some parts. He charged me $20 for a nickel sized portion of a weed.

I do not trust that the first package was actually shipped since he was unable to provide any proof of having done so. He has ceased communication since his refund offer. I have filed two Paypal disputes against him and will see them through.

I do not want this to turn into a name-calling, mud-slinging thread. So, if you do not have something constructive to say, don't bother. If a mod would like to lock/close it, please do. I just wanted to say my piece so others may make a more informed decision when dealing with this seller.

----

This is the opinion portion. You've seen the facts. Do not read past this if you are going to be offended or hold my opinions against me.

TW has caused nothing but drama since he first showed up selling "Dwarf Vals". He occassionally comments in other threads, but is usually found lurking around the SnS, trying to take your money in exchange for some plant or odd-looking fish creature. He has never posted photos of his tanks. Why won't he show us his scapes?

He claims to be very knowledgeable, yet can't ID wolffiella. I've been in the hobby for only 7-8 months and was able to ID it within minutes of recieving it. I don't claim to have any great knowledge of aquatic plants.

I don't trust TW and will not be doing business with him again.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You should fill out the itrader, if ANYONE gives poor service to anyone!
this will help out all of us.
but only if you have gone through the PM efforts.
which I see you have.
sorry about your bad transaction.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You should fill out the itrader, if ANYONE gives poor service to anyone!
this will help out all of us.
but only if you have gone through the PM efforts.
which I see you have.
sorry about your bad transaction.
You mean the feedback? Just did that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I, too, mostly lurk around this site (in particular S&S here) and numerous other shrimp sites; with that said, you may now dismiss what i'm about to say as coming from a somewhat non-contributive member. However, i noticed this fellow as soon as he registered--his very first post was an attempt to sell some "super rare crypt" which he could never manage to get a photo of, surprise surprise. At this point my skepticism meter went off, and nothing he's done since has abated my leeriness (i've followed his progress on other sites as well, and examined his website). I've actually clicked on his member name to find all posts by him and perused them, and discovered (to no great surprise) that the majority are either trying to sell something 'rare' or are asking for something for free. You're welcome to check this for yourself.

As many of us come to this site to educate ourselves, we can be easy targets for those posturing to know more, have more, and want to sell it to you. Fortunately the majority of the people here are good, honest, and enthusiastic to share their hobby...not simply out to make a buck on false claims. That said, if a deal feels fishy (no pun intended), the resources are here to find out more about the seller.

This is not meant to put the blame on Bcjyhc4--i've made the same sort of gamble a time or two as well.

And one suggestion: perhaps a rule might be instated so that one cannot sell items without first contributing a certain number of posts here?

My two cents,

Cara

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Unfortunately, several people have to be burned before Ptrader will do it's job, and even then, its not something people look at often. You actually have to click-thru to the profile and then to ptrader, rather than seeeing a rating in the avatar. Having a number of (1000) doesnt tell you much, they could all be bad :)

Maybe thats something that can be changed in a future edit of the forum.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good Luck to all involved. I hope you all obtain a satisfactory closure to this situation.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I think the point is the number in brackets can be deceiving until you understand its only a number. A % would protect more people. Of course, in this instance, it appears the member in question has absconded :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.