The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
The question isn't aggression between the species, but whether they will live in the same water conditions. Bee shrimp are more sensitive to water conditions than cherry shrimp.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not a bad price, but you really should check your water parameters. Aside from compatability, established tanks tend to become acidic over long periods of time from biological activity. If you have a decent level of KH in your tap water, it's less of a problem provided you do weekly partial water changes. It's also a good idea to check the nitrate level occaisonally. Although it isn't as deadly as ammonia or nitrite, it can cause problems if it gets too high.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know im just cheap. i know thats not the responsible way of going about it.. i guess i should prob get at least a pH kit to test my co2 levels. i do ~40% WC every saturday

·
Registered
780 Posts
A FW master test kit is cheaper than losing a tankful of stock. You can find a good price online, then either order one or do a price-match deal at Petco. (Or is it Petsmart that does the price-match?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.