The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rock in a riparium half of it in the water..i saw my crystal red shrimp climbing the rock several times all the way to the filter out put, and sometimes the water current push them down before they make it the top..is this normal? why they do that? :help:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
My Amano shrimp do similar things. although always within the water. They LOVE to perch themselves (all 6 of them) up on top of the heater, just at the water top. it makes be a bit nervous, because if they really wanted to, they could climb out.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
lol i guess i overlooked the second sentence where it say crs my apolagies. are there predators in the tank? or just the alge eater? where is your ph at? do they move around like there drunk? if they move around like there drunk something is wrong with your water. either to much co2 ph is off amonia eta...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i guess i overlooked the second sentence where it say crs my apolagies. are there predators in the tank? or just the alge eater? where is your ph at? do they move around like there drunk? if they move around like there drunk something is wrong with your water. either to much co2 ph is off amonia eta...
There is no predators in the tank, ph around 7.6..the other shrimp move normaly, i believe only this particular one have the issue.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a red sea nano filter that has the filter intake covered by a AC filter sponge, but even with that I noticed that I would see little babies inside. I switched to a more denser sponge, and I stopped getting babies in the filter, but that causes the filter to suffer from a much slower intake, so the outflow is very small. One day I noticed a larger almost adult CRS in the filter, and when I took out the sponge to get it out, I noticed that there were actually three shrimp in there. Three CRS and one RCS. I didn't think they were sucked in as babies and grew up that large, then one night I noticed that if I had my water line too high, and with the outflow being slow, a shrimp was actually climbing up into the filter!! I keep the water line a little lower now ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.