The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Binbin. I am in Olympia. I am new to the shrimp keeping too - just purchased 10 CRS juveniles. If all goes well, I hope to have more, with different varieties. Nice to know there is someone else interested in this hobby.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm in Ellensburg here. I've got red rilis, and working on my blue velvet population as well. Also messing around with some random blue rilis that popped up from my reds

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Puyallup here... what's the purple shrimp in the second picture? Is it a cardinal?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Hi Binbin, I've not heard of brackish Sunkist shrimp. Do you have a picture?

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Pretty. Let me read up on those. Need to see if they can permanently live in brackish, and/or how/when to acclimate them from fresh to brackish.

What water parameters are they currently living in?

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Will get back with you ASAP... A mad rush here tonight and now about to walk in to work. (Graveyard worker here!)

One thing I Googled said that these shrimp live in mangrove swamps. If so, they should do fine in brackish tanks.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Any pictures of the Sunkist shrimp yet?

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Well, I may be interested in trading but would like to see pictures if you can take some.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
They are nice, curious if the opaque (orangy milky) look is normal for Sunkist.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice just added some Red Crystal today from Seachaz in Bothell and I have blue bees, tigers, Neon Yellows. Once the my other 15 finishes cycling with ADA aquasoil I'll probably get a king kong or two.
Binbin - You say you have Cardinals? Where did you get them, and what are the perimeters? Are you keeping them separate or together with any of your other shrimp? I am interested in getting cardinals and some Neon Yellows. TIA

1 - 20 of 77 Posts