The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've got a question about shrimp and loaches. In my 10 gallon i recently found little snails crawling around. I'm not to big of a fan of these little guys. I have another tank with 3 clown loaches. i want to take one of the loaches out of my other tank and put him in the 10 gallon to take care of the snails.

Now i have 4 ammano shrimp in the 10 gallon. If i put the loach in there is he going to eat my shrimp? Also how long will it take for the loach to get rid of my snails? i don't have that many i just want to get them before they get out of control.

·
Banned
418 Posts
I don't have a ton of snails, but I was thinking about that also and was considering putting in a small divider in the tank and then introduce the large hungry loach to do one side only. Once done take him out try and get all the shrimp to the other side and let him go to work a few days later (after he builds up an appetite). This way the shrimp are not at risk and still have a ton of room in the tank. Granted I only have 11 total so keeping track is not that hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.