The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I was thinking about starting off my shrimp obsession with cherry reds, given they seem to be the cheapest out of all of the shrimp out there. I was wondering if anyone had any experience about what fish they did well with.

Right now I only have 1 tank, a 29 gallon with 3 zebra danios and a clown pleco. I dunno whether the zebra danios would bother them or not. I used to be an angelfish lover before my lone one died, but I'm almost 100% sure that angels would pick shrimp off like dinner.

Can anyone offer any advice?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have white clouds, which are sometimes called Chinese Danios, and I've had Zebra Danios before, and the two fish are like the same fish with different patterns lol. My white clouds do not bother my shrimp at all. They might push them away for an algae wafer... i dunno why my white clouds like algae wafers, but they do.

I keep my cherries with platies, and they are still flourishing.

I have no experience with clown plecos, but they should be fine. I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Besides otos and pigmy cories all other fish are a gamble. Do a search, there's a long thread w/ alot of ppl's input on what fish is safe w/ shrimps.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My RCS are doing fantastic in my 29g tank that they share with Harlequin Rasboras and Otocinclus. Of course the otos don't bother them at all. My rasboras don't either unless a little shrimp swims in the middle of the tank then they think it's floating food and take off after it. The shrimp always seems to get away though. Never "seen" a fish take out a shrimp.

Make sure you have plenty of moss in there for the RCS. They'll spend most of their time on that and mine produce all their fry primarily in my taiwan moss.

:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts