The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
My favorite nano fish are Boraras Brigittae. I have them in my shrimp tanks and they never bother any other inhabitants. They stay near the top and mind their own.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that combination, Boraras Brigittae.

Where I can get those fish?
Any member can sell fish?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Iv kept many many many different types of fish with shrimp and had no problems, If your wanting to breed then that's another story as most fish will eat the shrimplets but there's definately some fish you can keep with grown shrimp.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Only fish I've tried that are perfectly suited for shrimp are Oto's. I think they are more compatible than my Amano Shrimp as they are far less pushy with food. BN Plecos are good also, but they will suck up new born shrimp, at least mine do at 2 inches in size. The Plecos don't eat small shrimp often though, so I keep them around as they don;t really make a dent in population. They are valuable glass cleaners.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You could also try pygmy cories. They stay at the bottom most of the time but when they swim up for air its super cute. I kept 12 with my shrimp and never had a problem

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
Let's face it guys people do keep shrimp with fish but it is natural food for them. If we got moved into the jungle with a bunch of lions, some would survive but they we would always be hunted and stressed out

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
i agree. if you want to breed shrimp you need shrimp only tank. otos seem to be fine with them though. i have never tried them so i dont know. i had a BABY bristle nose in my 10 gal cherry tank a couple years ago. it was max 2 inches long (was a long fin and thats counting the tail fin) whipped out my colony of 100+ cherries in little over a week. never again will i trust a fish with shrimp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also had like 5 young bristlenose about the same size as yours in my 70 gal rcs tank for a month or so. They didn't seem to cause much trouble.

The only reason I removed them was because they liked to uproot my HC :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts