The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will cory cats eat baby shrimp? I'm trying to find a good fish that will be okay with RCS but not eat the babies and visa versa.

Thanks,

Shrimp newb. :icon_redf

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've kept Ottos and neons with my shrimp and have never any problems that I was aware of. If the neons ate any shrimp, I never noticed and their population never stopped growing...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have some three-line corys in my cherry breeding tank. If they eat any, it isn't enough to make a difference as they still breed like cockroaches. Otocinclus work great too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you have a good population of shrimp established and plenty of cover losses will be minimized. Losing a few isn't a bad thing in the long run, they will stop breeding anyway when they become too crowded.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If you have a good population of shrimp established and plenty of cover losses will be minimized. Losing a few isn't a bad thing in the long run, they will stop breeding anyway when they become too crowded.
NOt only that, but i've found that mine really lose a lot of color when populations grow left unchecked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Assuming good water conditions are maintained, what is the maximum density at which shrimp should be kept to keep breeding and color maximized?

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Assuming good water conditions are maintained, what is the maximum density at which shrimp should be kept to keep breeding and color maximized?
I've seen 100-150 per 10g of water... I personally haven't done it that high yet.. I have about 200 in my 55g.

-Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts