The Planted Tank Forum banner

When do you take your shower?

• I take mine at night!

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I take mine in the morning!

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • I take one in the morning and one at night!

Votes: 25 29.4%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
I feel the exact opposite way... i can't see myself NOT taking a shower in the morning.
Whatever works for the individual i guess!

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I'll fall asleep in class if I don't take a shower in the AM to wake up. Also my hair would be a mess :p

I'm not one of those guys who's super-particular about my hair, but it would look terrible lol.

Sometimes, during the school year though, I take showers in the evening. It's just refreshing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I voted morning but I like to take a bath at night but shower in the morning saying that I showered 20 minutes ago and its 11:15pm but its generally an evening thing wash away the day and all that.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Same here, i used to take showers before bed, but i have long hair and when i woke up it would be nuts and sticky feeling. Now i have showers in the morning and baths before bed.
Means i have to wake up even earlier...But it feels 100% better.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow this is news to me. I tend to have pretty bad OCD. I cannot go work on a fish tank and then go get into bed. I can't go out to run an errand and then get into bed. The last thing I do during the day is take a shower, and then it is into bed where I can watch tv, play games, read or whatever I want to do. I treat my bed as a "clean zone" so to speak. Meaning that bed is not sat on or used until I have my shower. I don't want to track everything into my bed that I have gotten on me during the day.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wow this is news to me. I tend to have pretty bad OCD. I cannot go work on a fish tank and then go get into bed. I can't go out to run an errand and then get into bed. The last thing I do during the day is take a shower, and then it is into bed where I can watch tv, play games, read or whatever I want to do. I treat my bed as a "clean zone" so to speak. Meaning that bed is not sat on or used until I have my shower. I don't want to track everything into my bed that I have gotten on me during the day.

Ditto. I can't imagine getting into my bed w/o feeling clean. Plus I get dirty at work so I want to shower when I get home.

·
Super Moderator
15,078 Posts
Pro-tip: shaving your head every other day (with a blade) means you never have to worry about your hair looking janky! :)

I can't imagine ever having hair again. Or paying $$$ for a haircut.

But the showering thing... hoo boy, sometimes it's necessary to shower in the morning and in the evening during the summer months. Humidity = gross.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I tend to take showers in evening :)

I was surprised that others didn't do the same. It is just something you grew up with and seems so natural and when you hear that others don't do it, it is a shock. It was the same for me when I realized that many people keep their shoes on inside the house...ick!

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
I treat my bed as a "clean zone" so to speak. Meaning that bed is not sat on or used until I have my shower. I don't want to track everything into my bed that I have gotten on me during the day.
Just means that you have to change your sheets more frequently if you don't shower in the evening. I change mine twice a week.

But I definitely do see your point of view. I would probably shower twice a day if my parents weren't so concerned about water usage. We do live in a desert though. ;)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I figure I'm gonna end up laying in a couple million dust mites in bed anyway while I sleep. I'd just as soon wash off the stragglers in the morning for a fresher start to my day.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I figure I'm gonna end up laying in a couple million dust mites in bed anyway while I sleep. I'd just as soon wash off the stragglers in the morning for a fresher start to my day.
Dust mites are everywhere, including your clothes, so you're practically walking around in filth all the time. Unless you go commando.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Back in college we did a bunch of baterial cultures for various places around the house, to see where the bacteria like to live and combined the data...turns out that bedsheets and fresh towels are damn near the dirtiest things in the house. (Only thing worse are doorknobs.)

So yes. I shower in the morning, then wipe myself down with a fresh towel so as to get my start for the day as a walking petri dish.

Also of note, the human body contains more prokaryotic bacteria cells than eukaryotic human cells. We are all colonies of a whole spectrum of biotica, just walking around trading DNA with each other (if we're lucky).

No need to be squeamish.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have to take showers in the evening, especially after work at the medical examiner's, as there's a strong possibility that I'll smell like a decomposing corpse, literally. That smell gets everywhere, even in my hair.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't just take a shower at night because I am trying to avoid bacteria, but the feeling of being dusty, dirty, sweaty, smelly, and just the physical feeling of being dirty just does not seem like the way I want to feel when I am trying to rest my body for the next day. There are so many things you come in to contact with during the day like chemicals, body products, aerosols, and other things that can collect on your skin and you probably do not want to be marinating in them all while you sleep.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Night time! If you work all day gardening like I do, you have to unless you want your bed to be brown in the morning (from dirt :hihi:)

I can't see myself doing it at night. I never really have... Then again, I have always lived in a dry climate, and I don't sweat really...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts