The Planted Tank Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
You may want to keep an eye on the tail nipping. Chewed up fins can become infected. Tail nipping can be due to stress or boredom. Assess your conditions and see if you can alleviate the issue. Coincidentally, Waldo was a tail biter. His tail was huge. He was always chewing it. I upgraded him from a 2.5 gallon Fluval edge in a bedroom where he was visited by us to a 6 gallon tank in the dining room where he could see us all day. It helped.
He started doing it after I went on vacation and he no longer saw me throughout the day. He hasn't done it for a while now since I've been back, and his tail is getting longer than it had been. I treated him with many water changes and a pinch of salt.

I would love to move my boys somewhere more active in the house, but spacing doesn't allow it. The only place right now is in my room, but I visit them often.

I didn't even notice Ronin had gone blue until I found a picture of him when I first got him and he was mostly white. Doesn't even look like the same fish.

-Empress Akitla

Bump:
This is my plakat-boy Ossu who I've had for almost a year now:

Oh man, I love his tank! It looks awesome! And he's pretty cool, too. 😉

-Empress Akitla

·
Registered
66 Posts
The first one is a picture of my mom's betta, the second is a picture of my betta who unfortunately passed away recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is my beautiful boy Reid, who I recently rescued from craigslist.

Here he is in his current tank when he was with his previous owner:
[/URL][/IMG]

And here he is now, with plants, heater, and indian almond leaves :) He's been making giant bubble nests everyday since his second night home with me :)

[/URL][/IMG]

(Just want to mention the 2.5 gallon is temporary, I had a 15 gallon high for him that was waiting for a stand in the mail, but then found out that the stand wouldn't work for a 15 gallon tall tank. Getting him a 10 gallon (apartment only allows 10 gallons, the 15 was fudging it a little) set up off of craigslist tomorrow morning, then will receive my plants in the mail early next week. I'm doing daily 25-50% water changes with a turkey bastor, using prime and stability in the mean time. )

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

I bought a betta from Petsmart on Tuesday...was actually surprised at how many nice looking ones they had at the store. Sorry for the crappy Iphone photo but this fish lives at work and I don't often take my camera to work.

One of my mental health clients named him "Crunchberry" lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
I actually have quite a few. I had more but I've recently lost one to age. I'll put him up as well 8)

? Black with blue/purple speckles double halfmoon is Poseidon.
? Green/blue with red fins is Lagoon.
? Red is Fuschia.
? The sort of brown one is Pearl. I think she's actually the same colors as Lagoon, I've caught her more colored up towards evening, but during the day she's got the stress stripes and faded colors for some reason.
? The blue crowntail is Arctica.
? Lavender double halfmoon was Prism (deceased)
? Blue and red double halfmoon is Patriot.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
heh, probably. But the shrimp are too big to eat in one gulp, so they just play. The shrimp have been known to jump on the betta's back, much to his annoyance.

·
Registered
671 Posts
He's lived with them for the past several months in the EcoQube. They play together, but that's it. :)

Like a cat plays with a mouse.

heh, probably. But the shrimp are too big to eat in one gulp, so they just play. The shrimp have been known to jump on the betta's back, much to his annoyance.
I love you guys.

Finny, my red Betta left his nerita snails alone for a year and a half. A few weeks ago, I found a big MTS snail shell, empty. Within a few days,one of the Neritas died of suspicious circumstances. A few days later, found the other Neritas empty shell. It's all fun until someone gets snacky.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
My old man Xerxes lounging in a folded over N. tawian leaf (his fav spot).

Hes over 2.5 years old now, lost a pectoral fin to cyst bursting (also has a cyst on his head), and has diamond eye making him 95% blind in 1 eye and 70% in the other (good eye in photo). I don't expect him to live much longer but he's still chugging along like a champ.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My old man Xerxes lounging in a folded over N. tawian leaf (his fav spot).

Hes over 2.5 years old now, lost a pectoral fin to cyst bursting (also has a cyst on his head), and has diamond eye making him 95% blind in 1 eye and 70% in the other (good eye in photo). I don't expect him to live much longer but he's still chugging along like a champ.
Considering what he has been through, he looks like a happy Betta.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts