The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts

i just got the moss ball from am ember here, and plan on finding something to fill out the back left and middle.. the "onion" plants i have in there aren't gonna last i don't think. thinking of some ludwegia or something.

i've modified the pump to be under the filter box with an extended hose and then put 500g of bio blocks on a stand in the sump. also added a purigen pad, but it probably isn't really needed. (for the matter, 500g of bio blocks probably was not needed:tongue: )

·
Registered
198 Posts
This is my newest tank - it's the Evolve4. It will be completely re-scaped next Friday, along with the other three freshwater planted tanks in the house.

I had to baffle the outflow on the filter, even when it was on the lowest setting. I bet hundreds of bettas live in these, but the filter wasn't really designed for a betta.

I'll take Lucky out when I do it - this tank is too small to completely redo with him in there.

Buckets of driftwood all over the house, soaking in hopes of sinking.

If not, then I have rocks...:icon_smil

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yay!! When I finish modding my filter I will post more photos but here's most recent! Hopefully tomorrow it will contain cholla and shrimpies!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Evolve 4...with a Thai Super Red HMPK

·
Registered
686 Posts
Updated photo of mine with the forest of floater roots. Rps3287, I like how you set up that extra light. I have a desk lamp, but it won't sit nicely like yours... it leans forward. Currently I have it next to the tank, but I'd rather have it coming down from above. I wish the stock light was bright enough, but my pellia is having an issue and doesn't look very good. I'm assuming it may be light-related...

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
My Evolve 8...
I planted it on Friday, just letting it run right now, and will be adding fish down the line, trying to cycle it without fishies.

Just DHG for now in it, may leave it that way, but we will have to see.

-Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's a good idea. How much is that gonna slow down the flow?
I am not sure right now :-\

The added feature is adjusting the flow can be done without pulling the whole pump. So with the valve wide open, I would think the flow is only reduced a hair because of the diameter change.

All I know is I was told the flow is too high even at it's lowest setting for a Betta. The overall tubing diameter is a little smaller, so that should slow down the flow a little, and currently I have the valve 1/4 closed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Tank is still cycling. And these pics are from my cell phone, sorry for the quality.

Betta: Half-Moon Doubletail Male, his name is Blue Phoenix.
Rock: Zebra Stripe
Plants: On the left, Amazon Sword. On the right, Asian Water Fern
Light: Finnex Fugeray-R
Other: CoralLife Digital Thermometer, Aqueon 50w heater, modified Evolve pump

1 - 20 of 86 Posts