The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
pretty basic, but here's one of mine. i have a smaller version in my daughter's room also, but i'll be turning that into a planted tank once i get another stand built and can put it in the living room:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Had my tank initially set up as a rock scape. I've since learned that angelfish aren't "cichlids" and I am redoing the tank. But I thought it looked pretty cool with the rock.
Where did you hear Agels aren't cichlids? I have seen some people online saying "no", but any reputable information researchable on the internet says otherwise. They are antually a South American cichlid along with discus, Blood Parrots, and other hybrid species.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I meant "not cichlids" in the sense that they don't thrive in the rocky environments like some other cichlids (such as Frontosas). They prefer softer water and the rocks were increasing my GH. Also I can't imagine that swimming with those long pretty fins in and around rocks is comfortable.

Ymmv of course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.