The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on my colony for a while now. I thought it would be cool to share some pictures and get others to do the same. I do not take perfect pictures, so be forewarned.

For a little background, I was terrified of shrimp - literally. Then I fell in LOVE. Now I am hording them, and even have yellows. Not bad for someone who thank they look like cockroaches. :hihi:

·
Registered
187 Posts
start off with some lower grades one and move up. If im not mistaken, someone was selling CRS for 1$ for C or B grade

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are great, Tug! I like how the baby is following its momma. ;) Too cute. How long have you had them?

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Your shrimp and tank look very nice! I have recently started up a 10G with some RCS from a couple of different sources. I don't really want to breed them, but want to add some adults to several of my tanks. Right now they are busy eating all the time and growing as everyday I find molts! I do see that mine are not the least bit afraid of my python!:icon_bigg

·
Registered
357 Posts
Here's some of mine. I've recently had a population explosion...
Tank shot...

Feeding time...

Shrimplets in the moss...

And (just because she's cute) one of 5 Endlers fry I spotted the other day...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Those are great, Tug! I like how the baby is following its momma. ;) Too cute. How long have you had them?
Thank you sewingalot. I added three to my tank around February 2009. Six about 1/16" were cleaned out of the filter the other day. The Tetras and Angles were added after the colony grew to around 20 or so. I got them as a whim and their durability continues to surprise me. I guess I'll have to wait and see if predation will take them out.
Your shrimp and tank look very nice!
Thanks pinkertd. Its been about eight mounths and I'm still looking at a few places that could use more plants. I just started adding CO2 (15Sep09) and have been very happy with the way it is helping. I am now adding plants instead of replacing the dead ones. :icon_bigg

·
Banned
58 Posts
Rich815

The pictures you took of your red cherries are so professional! I love it. What camera do you use? Are you using macro settings? One of your shrimp has just a nice red all over.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Rich815

The pictures you took of your red cherries are so professional! I love it. What camera do you use? Are you using macro settings? One of your shrimp has just a nice red all over.
Thanks Skrimpy. I have a lot of cameras, mostly film ones. But those were taken with a old digcam, a Sony F717 using macro setting.

·
Banned
58 Posts
WOW, Everyone's picture is so clean and clear. Not to turn this into a camera thread, but what kind of camera is everyone using? Looks like some super expensive stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts