The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello amazing community,

Want to pick your brain to see if I should worry or not, and if so, what could I do.

I recently started a new tank, 3months ago, and I kick started it with some filter media I had from an older 5 year old stablished tank.

It has been going well so far, and I recently added a new decoration, a spider wood so I can give my shrimp a little extra area to play and hide.

But started noticing some fuss I’ve never seen before, I imagine it is some sort of algae, but I’m curious if I should try to remove it, or ignore it.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had something similar on my spider wood in my shrimp tank. It eventually went away, not sure if the shrimp and/nerites ate it or it just went away from the aquarium balancing itself out. If its the same type of "fuzz," which I think it is, I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to multiply.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone!

It’s the first time I use spiderwood, and tbh I didn’t boil this one as it didn’t auto float like driftwood, so maybe there were still some natural life around it, who knows.

But I’m glad it’s basically normals

Thanks again, you guys are Awesome!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, just wanted to post an update, as you guys said, it went away, it got pretty big and fuzzy for a moment but then it just disappeared

So weird, wonder what caused it or if it was some sort of algae.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.