The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fluval 205 I'll be using on my 29G. I am starting to wonder if a spray bar may be the better option here. I worry about two things.

1. Creating too much of a whirl pool circulation effect.
2. Having dead/non circulated spots

Am I ok without the spray bar attachment or would it be best for the tank and everything to get one?

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I recently bought a fluval 305 and purchased the spray bar. I liked the outlet better so I returned the spray bar. I dont know if it makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I recently bought a fluval 305 and purchased the spray bar. I liked the outlet better so I returned the spray bar. I dont know if it makes a difference or not.
How big is your tank?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have it on a 30g
So I would assume then that you haven't noticed any still areas on your surface then? I'm just wondering since you said you chose against the spray bar.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i purchased one of the eheim spray bars. The bar is two parts that can be moved different directions meaning i have part of it pointed down.. the other pointed up at the surface

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Nope, I have it angle so the surface has movement but not alot to. And this is with my 305 at halfway on the output lever.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, I have it angle so the surface has movement but not alot to. And this is with my 305 at halfway on the output lever.
That would make sense. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts