The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never tested my water after a cycle. If I ran in to any problems I would have my lfs test my water. I just bought a test kit for myself,and decided to try it out before I did my regular biweekly water change of 15%. This is my results.
Ph 7.6
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
With these results is it better to do a weekly water change of say 20 - 25% or keeping doing the bi weekly of 15%?
Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I don't see anything in the test results to support any decision. The nitrate test result may or may not mean anything. You need to calibrate the test kit to be sure of what the results mean. But, in any case, you are far from having too much nitrate, if that result is accurate to +/-100%.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The test kit was calibrated. What I'm asking is it better to do a weekly water change at 25%, since I'm not getting a build up of toxins ,or keep doing a 15% twice a week?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I don't see any significant difference in the two water change schedules. The two 15% changes change slightly more water per week, but not enough to be significant. I would do whichever fits your life style best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.