The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my RCS are breeding in my smaller tank, I kind of hoped I could start moving them over a few at a time to my 90g. The only problem is, I worry whether they would be a snack.
Here's the potential tankmates:

25 x harlequin rasbora
8 x cardinal tetra
4 x zebra danio
1 x BN pleco (~2")
3 x albino cory (~1.5")
3 x schwartzii cory (~2")
7 x SAE (~2.5")
14 x otocinclus
3 x clown loach (2 are ~3" and the other one ~2")

The water quality should be fine as it's the same water as the one they're breeding in. Temp usually around 74-76.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two 4" clown loaches in my tank and they haven't bothered the CRS at all. The shrimp are breeding and thriving. The shrimp have two clumps of java moss to hide in, but they are all over the tank on plants, driftwood, and the gravel. They make such an interesting addition to the tank that I'd hate to not have them.

Go for it!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, well, they certainly would have places to hide. I don't mind getting rid of the loaches as I'd rather have cherry shrimp in there if it came down to that. I bought the loaches to get rid of a snail problem, which is now....well, extinguished.
There is xmas moss growing off the wood. There are also huge patches of blyxa japonica and HM. I suppose I could try putting a few in there and if they get eaten then the loaches will go. I agree though, the clown loaches worried me too. I don't think any of the other fish would really bother them. I've heard that BN plecos work ok and the cory cats as well.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I had Cherries in my 58 community tank for a while. Ther are Discus, tetras and a 4" Yo-yo in there. Then I really thinned out the pearlweed and the numbers indeed dropped. That's one of the reasons I set up the 10 gal shrimp tank. Interestingly enough, I have since found Black Cherries and Greens in there that I thought were long gone. Darwinism at it's finest, I guess. The Japonoca shrimp don't seem to be bothered by anybody.

Tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts