·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

So I just found out BML is closing soon

I have a single BML light be using on a new 125 gal I am setting up,
it is a Multi Channel Dutch style 72" with 90 deg beam angle

Before they close I am wondering if I should pick up a second one encase I need it down the road?

Any thoughts would be good

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Hi all

So I just found out BML is closing soon

I have a single BML light be using on a new 125 gal I am setting up,
it is a Multi Channel Dutch style 72" with 90 deg beam angle

Before they close I am wondering if I should pick up a second one encase I need it down the road?

Any thoughts would be good
Might want to check to see if they even will offer a MC one.. THAT model was removed from the website even b4 the announcement..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They no long have the MC model I was thinking of getting a standard Dutch Planted 6300K - XB Series to go with the MC I already have

·
Registered
74 Posts
You could always run two different spectrums. I run an MC Dutch in the back and a nature style in the front. I split the Nature Style with Channel one of the MC so they both function as the daylight with the controller. Splitting them this way allows me to still use the lights for sunrise and sunset effects. This setup puts a little extra par over my carpet and also adds a little more pop to my fish coloring. I ran dual dutch for two years and like this new setup better but it is all personal preference.

I would think if you are going to go high tech with aspirations of some higher light plants you may want to pick up a second strip. I started with one and within 6 months added in a second to more effectively cover 18" of width from top to bottom and get good penetration to the substrate to grow higher demand plants. If you are going with low light plants or not using CO2 it is probably not necessary.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feed back I think I will go with a Nature Style second strip. I am planing on doing CO2 so it will be good to have the light when my plants needed it. I am going to use an APEX to control the lights so I bought 2 of the apex controlling cables with my first order so I should be good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts