The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I mix blue velvet shrimp with blue diamond shrimp?
I would like to improve the blue in my blue velvet stock , would this help or cause wild/random coloration in offspring?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you I was kind of guessing that, what would happen if i mixed oebt crs and bee shrimp? would it be a interesting endeavor?

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Never good to mix any kind of Neo they will always throw wilds and random colors. Doesnt work like that, would be nice if it did though.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if they are close enough you can , If you mix blue rilli and blue velvets you will get better rilli, as blue velvets are bred from blue rilli

I was unsure what the parent stock of the diamonds where.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I'm confused about what you mean that they were bred from blue rili. BR and BV were both thrown from RR but are separate strains. If you breed BV to BR, you will just have BR as the BV mutation is lost.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
thank you I was kind of guessing that, what would happen if i mixed oebt crs and bee shrimp? would it be a interesting endeavor?

That's how tibees happen, takes many generations and line breeding to get decent results but if you don't care how they look, go for it. CRS are bee shrimp though, so not sure if you mean bumblebees or just 'bee' in general which is what CRS, CBS, Goldens are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts