The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 120 gallon planted tank with no co2 I use Excel I have compact florescent bulbs 322 watts total
I have 6700K bulbs and at this point run 1 set which is 161 watts is this considered a low light or medium light? I haven't run the full 322 watts for fear of algae with out CO2 most of the plants are growing well I fertilise twice a week

what do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bulbs are vertical I don't know anything about reflectors still more of a newbie this is my first planted tank there are reflectors around the bulbs I checked. The bilbs are about 28 inches from the substrate. Its a Odeyssa lighting systems with 4 compact light bulbs 2- 65 watt and 2-96 watt bulbs 1-65 and 1-95 watt bulb together on a switch. The unit is 60 inches long it came with bulbs for a salt water set up I have changed the bulbs and use 1-65 and 1 -95 watt 6700k bulb and keep the second set off.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Those are PC (power compact) bulbs, not the screw-in power saver (CFL) bulbs. With PC light fixtures everything depends on the reflectors. Most cheap lights made a few years ago used very bad reflectors, without enough room around the bulbs for the light from the back of the bulbs to get around the bulb to the tank. You could take a picture of the bulbs/reflectors and and post it, and maybe that would help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.