The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
That particular model is a rebranded HW-303B (SunSun). It's available for $88 shipped on Evilbay. It's the mid-range model with UV. I don't know what size tank you've got, so I can't suggest the 302, 303, or 304 model. By the way, there's a newer version - the 402, 403, and 404. Whether the newer ones are better I don't know, and nobody seems to have compared them yet (that I've read, anyway).

I have a 302A on my 30g, and it's adequate. Given a chance to do it over, I might have upgraded to a 303 or checked out Fluval, but I'm happy with the SunSun in general. It's just a bit underpowered for my taste.

There's a big SunSun review thread in the Equipment section.

·
Registered
78 Posts
oh i have a 55 gallon, its got shrimp, plants and 3 ottos, should i go with the newer sun sun version?
I'm waiting for 2 Hw-403b filters and one hw-302b to come in the mail this week. I'll let you know if I notice any differences. I would't think there would be much difference. Either way the 403b or 303b are both pretty cheap when it comes to canister filters.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It would be better if the UV was the last stage not the first,, you'd have much better killing efficacy... For the money it seems ok.. Depending on how big the trays are... You could always put cermedia in it to maximize surface area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.