The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too sure about this one - I plan to move my vampire shrimp from a smaller aquarium to a larger one in the coming days; the water parameters between the two are the same for pH, GH, kh, nitrates etc - this makes me think that I can probably pop them straight in as there shouldn't be enough difference for them to be stressed by anything other than the change in scenery, but I've also been growing them for some time so am concerned about losing any.

Can anyone confirm that my plan to pop them straight in is safe, or should I still drop acclimate anyway just in case? Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would float them in a bag just to make sure they are temperature acclimatised before dumping them in. Drip acclimatisation would not be required in this case.

Unless the temperature is controlled different tanks even in the same premises may have slightly varying temp based on water volume, ventilation etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
You didn't mention the TDS readings between the two tanks. Are they also identical? TDS, pH and temp would be the 3 main parameters I would be looking at.

If so, maybe a long drip acclimation is not needed. But would a short drip acclimation be a big hassle just as a precaution? If not, then I would personally err on the side of caution to some extent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, TDS are the same as is the temperature in both aquariums. The temperature is actually part of the reason I am concerned about drip acclimating as my room temperature is quite cold (18c) whereas both aquariums are at 26c; I don't think drip acclimation will maintain the temperature in the acclimation bowl at a sufficiently warm level for long enough... I guess I can float the bowl in the larger aquarium and do it that way so the temp is maintained, just thinking about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.