The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some new fish from a small petland my swordtail has a white area it looks like the scale has been injured or lifter up just the one scale on his left side im going to get a pictue up and the male dalmation molly spends alot of time just sitting by the heater he does move around sometimes and always moves to eat but maybe im just being paranoid but he looks skinny and hunchbacked to me...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got my fish friend in. the sword tail had an injured scale from when the not too smart petland chick chased him around with the net. i kept him going for two weeks trying to fight it off with warm tempertures and a slime coater to keep it from infecting then i lost him, the molly was just unhealthy like i thought it would it died. and i had ick alright oddly enough not on the sword tail male but on one of the females who spread it too the tank when i informed the petland they sold me dieased fish they gave me a fizz tablet to use in the tank said it would work in one treatment i researched it before putting it in and it stated in review after review that it doesnt work and that it kills scaleless fish (like my corys) and needs half doses in that case which makes it even less effective thankfully i read that cause i was going to just put it in and they would have died. Cause they completly failed to tell me this and there was absoultly no instructions on the packet... never agian will i be buying fish from a petland i knew i should have known better....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i believe ive fought it all off now with salt and warm tempertures the corys i took out as soon as i spotted the ick and i believe i got them out before they got anything its been awhile and they show no signs of having it and the tetras apparently can be effected by the ick meds too but they after a while had it bad enough that it was treat them with as full of a dose as i could or they would prob die from the ick so i treated the tank once with a ick liquid and then the salt and warm water. since then its been almost a week and no spots but im not moving anyone back into the planted tank till i know for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.