The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Newbie shrimp question time!

I have a fully established, heavily planted 15g tank with a betta fish and 10 amano shrimp (1-2 inches, matured).

I just purchased 5 blue dream shrimp from the wonderful User, Mango (they look amazing!) but i'm wondering if, in my case, how much I should be feeding them.

There is GDA and BBA on some of my plants, and I have decomposing Almond leaves my amano shrimp love. There is also Fissidens, flame moss, and driftwood.

I've researched that Neocaridina also eat the biofilm produced on surfaces like Almond leaves and driftwood, and that some even eat algae.

I really don't want to overfeed my shrimp and face water quality issues. Should I drop a small food pellet in once a week for supplemental feeding?

Amano shrimp are easy - Almond leaves and algae and you're good! I want to make sure my Neocaridina's are just as happy. =)

·
Registered
424 Posts
mine eat the occaisional shrimp pellet or one of those snail algae waffer things.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.