The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since BCA is selling some short nose shrimps, how are these different from amanos? They say they are more friendly alternatives, but do they also eat clado?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So they eat all types of string algae?

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
What makes them less aggressive? Do they set up a hug giving station or something, or is there a side to my amano shrimp that I have yet to see? All joking aside is there some type of invert or fish that amanos just have issues with?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's not that amanos are predatory so much as that during feeding time they get a bit antsy. Mine enjoy stealing food from my RCS.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Ahh yes I would say that is more aggressive, I was thinking fin nipping aggressive. They steal food from my fish then drag it up to their heater hideout above where the fish think to look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually I have seen an amano grab one of my juvenile shrimp before and started eating it alive but I was there to save the little guy. I think it was because I didn't feed the amano enough or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.