The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done Low tech tanks before, this text tank will be my first with CO2. So I have been collecting a shopping list for the CO2 items.

My list:

co2 tank
regulator
needle valve
check valve
tubing
DIY diffusion
bubble counter
PH Controller

Am i missing any thing??? Also is a regulator, needle valve, and check valve normally come in a package?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Normally any regulator built for aquarium use will come with the needle valve. The check valve is a maybe.

And you don't really need a pH controller.

One thing not on your list is the solenoid. But most aquarium regulators also come with the solenoid.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally any regulator built for aquarium use will come with the needle valve. The check valve is a maybe.

And you don't really need a pH controller.

One thing not on your list is the solenoid. But most aquarium regulators also come with the solenoid.
Thank you for the fast reply.

The PH controller is because I hope to one day have discus.

Solenoid huh? What is it used for?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The solenoid is the electronic valve that turns the flow on and off. Without a solenoid the controller is worthless.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Getting a solenoid will be a good idea as there's really no need to run it at night, especially since the plants do not need it when the lights are off. This would also make your tanks last 2x as long, which saves $$ and more trips to the refill station.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts