The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
depends on the quantity and size. ive shipped small snails using the plastic sauce containers with moist paper towel and floaters, lid taped then placed within a plastic ziplock, then wrapped in a paper towel, then placed inside an insulated envelope for shipping.

larger orders, ive done the same but in a quart container with multiple wet paper towels, plants and tape pint containers then filled with paper insulation in a USPS priority square mail box which you have to order as they arent available at the post office.

sounds like a lot of work but i havent had any losses reported since and these guys are stronger than shrimp.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I had received a raok that was covered with ramshorns. Now I love these little guys a d think they are so cute but i dont want them all over my tank. I'm goibg to keep maybe 3 or 4 in a small critter keeper but i would really love to give(raok) them to someone else. Do you put water in the containers? or they just live off the water from the paper towels? I have some guppy grass that's growing rampant in my tank. Do you think that's good to send with them?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1. Place snails, plants, and a TINY amount of water (only enough to float the plants slightly) in a small plastic container. (99 cents store or Dollar Tree has sets of 3 for $1)
2. Tape container shut
3. Place container in ziploc, tape shut also
4. Ship in padded air mailer or small cardboard box

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was wondering how to do this exact same thing. Perfect timing. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.