The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Lol I get all my junk from TSK supply. They have those styrofoam things in a bunch of sizes and cold packs too.

Honestly though, you don't need the styrofoam things and can get packing peanuts at any office supply store... And for supplies I doubt you need any of it, I just use the styrofoam inserts and cold packs for shrimp when the place their going is really warm. I've never lost any shrimp, and I've shipped with and without the styrofoam inserts.

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
This will save everyone TONS of $$$

The best place to get clean, large...and most importantly, FREE Styrofoams would be at: A LOCAL FURNITURE STORE.

Well, it might depend on how nice your local furniture stores are too. We have literally thousands of them in San Diego. Just pull up a local directory and start calling to see if they are willing to give them to you. They have them surely, but some might want to just throw them away rather than give you it, but more than likely, it is "you can have what you can grab".

They come in all shapes and sizes and very clean. Finding the correct thickness isn't a problem either since they get all kinds of padding for different things they order.

Anyways, I hope this information is usefully for Johnny and everyone out there! :icon_mrgr

* PS for everyone: Make sure you just take what you can use and don't start hogging it all from your local furniture stores. Chances are, fish shippers might jump on this idea too...so it'll be a battle of the fish and shrimps. Lol.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The best place to get clean, large...and most importantly, FREE Styrofoams would be at: A LOCAL FURNITURE STORE.

Well, it might depend on how nice your local furniture stores are too. We have literally thousands of them in San Diego. Just pull up a local directory and start calling to see if they are willing to give them to you. They have them surely, but some might want to just throw them away rather than give you it, but more than likely, it is "you can have what you can grab".

They come in all shapes and sizes and very clean. Finding the correct thickness isn't a problem either since they get all kinds of padding for different things they order.

Anyways, I hope this information is usefully for Johnny and everyone out there! :icon_mrgr

* PS for everyone: Make sure you just take what you can use and don't start hogging it all from your local furniture stores. Chances are, fish shippers might jump on this idea too...so it'll be a battle of the fish and shrimps. Lol.
thanks! always useful information!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.